We hope we find you well, safe and healthy in these tricky times.
In light of everything that is happening right now, we have taken the very tough, but we feel correct, decision to postpone Beer Central 2020 from July until 13-14 th November 2020.
Because we’re now out of the summer window and into the autumn, we’re also moving the venue from the largely outdoor spaces of Digbeth Arena to the warehouses of the Custard Factory.
We’re a small, independent festival company. We love beer, food and events and we brought everything we’ve got to to building Beer Central into something really awesome for beer fans across Digbeth, the city, and The Midlands. Right now it’s too difficult to be able to put on a great show, and most importantly, to do so safely. While it appears things are definitely getting better, there are still too many unknowns heading into early summer for us to do the festival justice.
When this disaster broke in March, we knew Beer Central was under threat, but we hoped things would have returned to enough normality to be able to make it happen. Alas, that has not been the way it has unfolded. Although it seems things are beginning to ease, it’s a little too late for an event of our size. We had such an amazing first year, so it’s really heartbreaking to have to postpone from the summer slot we had established.
The GREAT news is that we’ve secured new dates in November and so we’ll be running a very special autumn edition of Beer Central. The same format, breweries, great food, but with an Autumnal party vibe. We know it’s going to be special and one of the first major gatherings of breweries, chefs, musicians, and beer lovers coming out of this disaster.
Craft beer is about quality, community, care and attention and these are things that will endure. Of that we have no doubt. Once this virus has been overcome, Beer Central will be part of its comeback in this great city – a celebration of sociability, community and creativity.
Your support of our event, of the breweries who come, of the indy food producers who work with is so, so important. Without you we’re nothing and so we’re very grateful for your support and in being part of its future.
What to do with you tickets?
- Your tickets are now valid for the new dates in November.
- If you cannot make the new dates in November, your tickets are also valid for Beer Central 2021 in July 2021 and for the 2022 edition
- If you would like to change session in November, you just need to email info[AT]beercentralfestival[DOT]com with the new session and we’ll update your ticket.
- If you would like to hold you tickets for future editions please email info[AT]beercentralfestival[DOT]com – please do this by the last day of September. Don’t worry – we’ll remind you again.
- You can also transfer your tickets to the sister events we run in London, Bristol, and Edinburgh. Just let us know via the email above.
Once again, we’d like to thank everyone for their support, not just this year but in our launch year too. We can’t wait to welcome you back and raise a glass of something special together, later in the year.